Scrumptious skinless boneless chicken breasts stuffed with spinach, asparagus, red bell pepper, red onion, mozzarella cheese and garlic.
WHAT YOU NEED:
8 small chicken breasts, 8 spinach leaves, 25 asparagus spears, 1 red bell pepper, 1/2 cup of mozarella cheese, 1/2 red onion (sliced), 3 garlic cloves (chopped), olive oil, salt, pepper, rosemary (dry 1tsp), thyme (dry 1tsp), italian herbs (dry 1tsp), garlic salt (1tsp),
HOW TO PREPARE IT:
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease (with good Olive Oil) a baking dish.
- Place each chicken breast between two sheets of heavy plastic (ziplock bags work the best) on a solid, level surface. Slowly but surely pound the chicken with the smooth side of a meat mallet to an even thickness of about 1/4 inch. Sprinkle each side with salt, pepper, rosmeary, thyme, and italian herbs and garlic salt.
- Place one spinach leaf on chicken, 2 or 3 spears of asparagus down the center of a chicken breast, red onion and red bell pepper.
- Add a pinch of mozzarella cheese on top and roll it carefully.
- Place a toothpick or wrap it with a chive string.
- Drizzle olive oil on chicken rolls, (to avoid dryness) and sprinkle fresh chopped garlic. TIP: You could add some butter too on top of each piece to make it golden brown and crisp!!
- Bake in the preheated oven until the juices run clear when pricked with a fork, about 25 minutes.